- College Planning
- Open Account
- Manage Account
Give the Gift of Education
Contributions towards a child’s GET account make the perfect gift for holidays, birthdays, baby showers and many other important milestones and special occasions. Education is a gift that truly lasts a lifetime!
For GET Participants:
It’s easy for family and friends to contribute to your child’s GET account. We make it just as easy for you to ask for their help:
- Use our custom “Suggest a Gift” messaging service
- Download a printable “Suggest a Gift” card that you can send in the mail
For Family and Friends Who Want to Help:
Whether you’re a grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin or even a friend, there are many ways to help a child save for college:
1. Giftor E-pay*
When you make an online payment, you'll be redirected to a secure payment site, hosted by US Bank. A $1 fee per transaction will be added to your payment for the convenience of using this service. You don't have to be a US Bank customer.
Be sure to have the following available:
- Student Beneficiary's name and GET account number.
- Your bank's routing number (typically 9 digits)
- Your bank account number (enter your full account number, which varies by bank)
3. Open a New Account
4. Create a Gift Announcement
However you decide to help, know that you’re giving a priceless gift that will keep on giving for years to come. We encourage you to reinforce the significance and importance of your gift by sending a special announcement whenever you make a contribution. Simply download one of the certificates below, type in your personal message, print, and send!
Newborn/Baby Shower (Pink)
Newborn/Baby Shower (Blue)
Newborn/Baby Shower (Neutral)
How will my donations to a GET account affect my taxes?
As a 529 plan, your GET account receives tax-free growth and withdrawals. The Gift Tax Exemption per year is currently $14,000 ($28,000 for couples). The Five Year Exemption option increases these amounts. Also, amounts contributed to purchase tuition units on behalf of a beneficiary are generally excluded from a donor's estate for federal estate tax purposes. For more information on federal gift and estate tax rules, click here or consult your tax advisor.
*Important Details Regarding Electronic Payments:
- Carefully enter your bank routing and account numbers. Routing numbers are 9-digits; account numbers vary in length. Be sure to enter your full account number (as it appears on your checks) or your payment may not go through. A $15 return payment fee may be assessed to the GET account(s) you are contributing to if your financial institution returns your payment for any reason. This includes both returns for insufficient funds and incorrectly entered account numbers. Please note that the Electronic Payment System may confirm your payment initially even though errors found later may cause it to be returned. It’s important to check whether your financial institution will allow this type of transaction, especially if you are using a Money Market or Savings Account.
- All gift e-payments purchase lump sum units, even if the student is on a custom monthly plan. Full or partial units may be purchased.
- You can make a payment without registering with the US Bank Electronic Payment System, however, your electronic payment can only be tracked if you have REGISTERED.
- When REGISTERING you will create a USER ID and PASSWORD. Keep this information handy in case we need to research your payment. Registering also allows you to save billing information for your convenience when making future contributions.
- The Scheduled Payment Date: The US Bank Electronic Payment System requires a payment date that begins 1-3 business days from the date you are initiating the transaction. You can also select a date further into the future. You cannot schedule the payment to be the same day it is initiated.
- You should receive confirmation that the electronic payment has cleared your financial institution within 1- 3 business days, but it may take GET 5-7 business days to post your payment to the GET account. If your payment has cleared your financial institution, then you can be assured it has been received. Customer Service will not be able to confirm whether a payment has been received because of the amount of transactions coming through. We cannot search for individual payments.
- Before calling Customer Service, please check first with your financial institution to see if your payment has cleared. Log in to your account to track your electronic payment through US Bank.
- If your payment has been misapplied, please send us a written authorization with your signature and tell us what needs to be corrected. Your request can be scanned and emailed to GETInfo@wsac.wa.gov, faxed to 360.704.6200 or mailed to GET Program, PO Box 43450, Olympia WA 98504-3450.