Open a GET account
It’s fast and easy to get your savings started. You'll enroll either online, or download a paper enrollment form and mail it to us.
- You will need the following information to get started:
About you (the Account Owner) – Social Security number and contact information.
About your student (the Beneficiary) – Social Security number, contact information, date of birth and projected date the student will start college.
About your plan selection – Choose a Lump Sum Plan, Custom Monthly Plan, or a combination of the two. Click here for details.
- Please read through the Program Details thoroughly before you enroll. All GET units must be two years old before use, and it will take four to five years before you realize a financial gain on your account. We charge a $50 non-refundable enrollment fee for each GET account. As the account owner you may qualify for the maximum $100 fee per family if you have opened more than two accounts for students with the same home address. You can pay the enrollment fee by credit or debit card or a check.
- You will register for online access by creating a username and password, but you’ll only need to do this step once. Your username will be your email address, and you will be guided to selecting a strong password. By enrolling and managing your accounts online you are also participating in a paperless process, which helps GET conserve resources and reduce administrative costs.
- A welcome email will follow within two weeks. A coupon book will arrive separately if you did not choose an electronic method for making your payments. Your account information can usually be viewed online within ten working days.
- You are ready to start saving once you’ve completed your enrollment forms and received your account numbers.
There are several ways you can make one-time, regular or periodic payments to your accounts. Click here for details. Make checks payable to GET.
Questions? If you have questions or need help, please call us at 1.800.955.2318, send us an email or review our Frequently Asked Questions. Our office is open Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.